Wednesday 9 September 2015

Thing 11: Reflective Practice

Reflecting on how far behind I am..

I can’t believe but I am delighted to be at just about the half way point of the course.

It has been challenging and enjoyable and sometimes frustrating – Thing 9 comes to mind - but very rewarding in different ways.

I started this course just before I went on holidays for a few weeks.   I enjoyed the break but it has meant that I really feel like I have been trying to play catch up since I started in earnest with the tasks.

It is a little bit alarming to feel always (more than) slightly behind what everyone else is doing and seeing a new task being posted when you are 4 or 5 tasks behind.

Approaching the tasks and writing the blog posts, I definitely could use a little bit more structure.  Procrastination is very definitely a good friend of mine and bouts of activity followed by lulls is probably not the best way to keep on track or to keep myself motivated. 

As for completing the blogs themselves, I also definitely fall into the trap of writing and rewriting and editing but ending back up with basically the same post anyway but lots of time wasted.
I do try to keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be perfect and it is better to just write but it is hard to leave clumsy phrasing or half expressed thoughts on your blog no matter how few people are reading it.

It’s going to be even harder (am I already making excuses for myself) to keep on track now that we are coming in to a really busy time of the academic year but this catch up week is going to be a great help in getting up to speed (hopefully)!


No comments:

Post a Comment