Wednesday 19 August 2015

Thing 6: Reflective Practice

Thing 6: Reflective Practice.

Rudai 23 has been a really interesting learning experience for me so far. The reason that I started the course was to learn new things and I can definitely say that that has happened.  In fact it has shown me how much more upskilling I need to do to in the area of social media and developing a professional brand but that’s all part of the fun and the challenge.

The blogs by the other participants have been really interesting to read and it is great to see how much we all have in common in regard to our enthusiasm for our profession. Regardless of how we ended up in libraries, everyone seems to really like what they are doing and are inspired and motivated by different  aspects of their job.

I still have loads of work to do to develop my own professional brand and to integrate social media into my professional life which is not something I had really been doing up to now.  I have been a bit of a Luddite when it comes to social media and the Rudai 23 community have really opened my eyes to how much is going on in this area in relation to libraries.  Despite my wariness, I just need to fully get on board with this trend and start tweeting, commenting on blogs, joining groups, lists and communities and embrace the opportunities for learning and networking that they provide.

I have now joined Linkedin and signed up for a new Twitter account to use for professional purposes but still have loads of work to do on them.

Having and maintaining a blog is also a bit of a novelty and I would like to be able to put in the time in learning how to add graphics and photos and make it look a bit nicer and less text heavy.

So loads of work still to do but at least I know what direction I should be going in!


No comments:

Post a Comment