Friday 14 August 2015

Thing 4


The scope of the Google universe is so far reaching, it is almost scary.

I had been “guided” into setting up a google+ account a while ago but had not really used it too much or spent time exploring the features.

Google+ does what lots of what other social media platforms do and I can see there is huge potential in using the features like Circles and Hangouts but it has just never caught the global imagination in the way other platforms have and it just feels like there is not a critical mass of people using the network.

It does not have the reach and immediate recognition factor that Facebook and Twitter have. I have never heard anyone say I will add you to my Google+ circles or anyone ask me am I on Google+.

In my own contacts on gmail, very few of them have set up the Google+ account so again, I feel that it would be hard to really use it actively.

I did however use the hangout feature and it is pretty straightforward and easy to use. I didn’t try the Video Chat yet.

The scope of what can be done using the features is huge and definitely worth taking the time to really explore how they could best used in a workplace or personal setting.

Google photos  also looks very interesting. I had never looked at that feature before and it seems like a really useful and interesting  way to work with photos.   

No comments:

Post a Comment